Thursday, September 18, 2008

2:00 P.M. IN THE VARIETY HOUSE

Sorry about the frequency (or infrequency) of updating the blog, but there is no wireless access at the variety house, so I have walked back over to the hospital to give you this update. There will probably just be one more update on Friday after this one today. Probably no update on Saturday since we will be traveling.

Kelly got a much better night's sleep, but I am still setting the alarm every fours hours or so to give her medications. If we let too much time pass, the pain becomes quite severe, so we try to stay on schedule even overnight with the meds.

She woke up feeling a little better than yesterday morning. She is walking around a little more, doing her neck exercises, and is a bit more clear-headed than she has been. She is looking forward to getting home. We will be leaving Saturday on a 1:00 flight and will arrive at the house around 7:30 P.M. or so.

Marilyn made it back home yesterday safe and sound. It sure was nice to have her here to get through the hospital stay and pretty much around the clock duty. The nurses try hard, but they have so many patients, they just lose track sometimes, so you really need an advocate in the room at all times to keep up with things.

Kelly now has a bladder infection, so we are starting a round of antibiotics (cipro) this afternoon. We are praising God for a great surgical outcome!! The initial recovery process has been a bit more painful than Kelly expected, and I think the continued recovery process is still going to take a lot of work, but we are sure thankful the Lord has brought us to this point with minimal complicatiojns.

We have received a lot of cards and flowers and they sure brighten the day and the mood over at the variety house. Thank you very much. But, more than anything, we believe that God answers the prayers of his people, so thank you for your continued prayers!

I will make another blog update tomorrow, and then it will likely be Sunday before you see anther one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I just wanted to say "safe travels" as you journey home on Saturday. I'm sure you're ready to be home! I'm glad to hear Kelly is recovering well. Definitely thinking about and praying for all of you! Hope to see you soon-

Emily Brattin

lace1070 said...

Praying for safe travels as you prepare for your trip back home. I will keep watching the blog for updates. Hugs ` Lace

Anonymous said...

Kelly and Charlie,
Just wanted to say I can't wait to see you both. I will be at your house waiting for you to arrive. I also wanted to say "Thank You" for this Blog and the many updates. Since I haven't been able to talk to you, the updates have really helped. I miss you Kelly. I will see you tomorrow. I love you.
Your sister, Andrea