Tuesday, December 16, 2008

3 Months Post OP

I am doing so well! I feel normal again. I know it is soon, but I don't think that I will ever be the same again, prior to the symptoms. However, I am doing so much better than I was doing prior to surgery. I still have not done much. I try not to lift. When I do too much, then I feel it in my neck and the back of my head for a few hours. It is not terrible pain like before. For those of you that have this surgery I would consider PT. The person that I had was wonderful. She taught me how to do exercises without straining my neck or head. If you need surgery, get it done. Hope this helps. Again, you may contact me with questions anytime. Oh, and for those women that are concerned about their hair, don't be. It takes less time to do my hair and I don't even see the back of my head so I don't really care about how I look.

2 comments:

lace1070 said...

Happy anniversary ~ good to hear you are still on the mend. Keep up the good work. I am just 2 weeks post op and your story is encouraging. hugs ~ Lace

Amy H said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I am scheduled for April 3rd for surgery. I have experianced so many syptoms, I can't wait to feel better. I am not going to a Chiari Institute however my NS has experiancce with Chiari and does multiple surgies a year. I am scare but anxious for relief. I have 2 darling baby girls under 2 that I need to be healthy for. So glad to hear you are doing well. Amy