Sunday, September 14, 2008

SUNDAY 8:00 P.M.

Kelly took one look at what she said looked like dogfood on her hospital tray tonight and sent me to the cafeteria for a box of corn flakes and milk. Kelly really enjoys her cereal at night, even here in New York. We went for another short walk tonight.


By the way, I am really enjoying all the comments that you guys are making on the posts. Thanks so much for following along with Kelly's progress. Just so you all know, she isn't up to reading yet, so I am reading them to her. I'm sure as soon as she gets off some of this pain medicine we'll go through them all again. She says to tell everyone thanks and that she loves you all. Also, I am not smart enough to use Kelly's phone, but I see it has a lot of calls and emails on it. I doubt that she can get to that phone for at least another day or so.

Marilyn was talking to Debbie today and made the mistake of handing her cell phone to Kelly. It was like taking crack cocaine from an addict to get that phone out of her hands. Her hand strenth and grip are better than I thought.


Marilyn is now staying at a house across the street called "the variety house", kind of like a Ronald McDonald house for families of patients that have long stays. I met another woman there today who had a Chiari surgery 4 years ago, but had to come back for the tethered cord surgery a few days ago.

I have been promoted from a chair to some type of chair that pulls out into a bed. I tried to pull the bed out earlier and it looks like it would fit Kylee or Bailee just right, if they could handle the screeching of those springs....oh, well, better than that chair in the ICU.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie and Kelly -

It is so good to hear that Kelly is making good progress. I love reading the blog and keeping up on her progress. I saw Charlie's mom and the kids at Wal-Mart yesterday - gave Kylee a big hug and so did Sarah. We continue to keep the whole family in our prayers.

Shelly Johnson

amy said...

Oh Charlie, you make me laugh each time I read the blog. Hang in there, Kelly. It seems to being going great. Glad to hear so much of the "good old Kelly" in Charlie's comments. still wish I was there. Hello Marilyn!! Keep up the work on sanitizing things for kelly!!
Love, amy

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly! We just got home from St. Louis where your blog was watched like a National Championship football game, play by play. We thought about you all weekend. Charlie thanks for the commentary and keeping us up to date without having to bombard her cell phone even more.

Look forward to seeing you home again.