Sunday, September 14, 2008

SUNDAY 4:30 - MOVED TO REGULAR ROOM - HURRAY!!

Kelly slept much better last night! I stayed with her again. This morning she ate a few bites of breakfast and made a couple of laps around the nurses station. They have disconnected most of the tubes and wires. She is still getting some IV fluids (40 ML/Hour) and she has some leg booties on that inflate and deflate to help with the circulation since she isn't up and around much yet.

We moved on the regular floor in the Neurology wing. We are at North Shore University Hospital, 300 Community Drive, Fourth Floor - Cohen Wing, Room 473, Manhasset, NY 11030

Marilyn and I had to give the room a little spit shine with anti-bacterial wipes before Kelly could get comfortable. I have to admit, it needed a little wipe down! Marilyn just got Kelly out of her hospital robe and into her pajamas that she brought. She is getting better each day.

4 comments:

britney said...

Kelly and Charlie,

I just wanted you to know I have been praying for you all this week! I really appreciate the blog updates and will continue to check for them often. I love you all and praise God for the healing he is doing in Kelly's body!!

All my love,

Britney

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly:

Sounds like you are setting the pace for everyone in that big New York Hospital. I am glad Charlie and Marilyn are with you. What a support team! I would definitely want them on my team.

Lisa had some leg booties as well. They are hot! Hope you took them off when you were doing your laps (Ha). See, I still have a sense of humor.

We are glad you are trying to eat and working so hard to walk. Also, it is nice to hear they are removing some of the tubing, but we realize it is a long process so do not over do it. Typical Uncle/Parent, I had to slip some personal advice in there.

Hurricane IKE has come and gone and there is a lot of flooding in Galveston, New Orleans and Houston. The Houston Ship Channel and Pipelines seemed to make it okay only closed during IKE’s entrance and exit. However, gasoline is still going up, duh, how does that work?

We miss you, Charlie and Marilyn and you guys are doing an awesome job.

Love,

Uncle Don

Lisa said...

It's been a blessing to be able to check on you through this blog. I'm thankful you are improving with each update. I know God is watching over you, as well as your family. The staff at John Ross is praying for you.

Lisa Ross
P.S. I'll keep giving Bailee and Kylee extra hugs. :)

Aunt Lisa said...

Really good news. Each day is a step forward. Don't get discouraged- from here we can see so much progress each day.

Please tell Marilyn I made her roast recipe today. I wish I was there- I'd put some of it in a blender so Kelly could have some to go with that yummy jello.
The updates are great. You are in our prayers each day. Love, Aunt Lisa