Saturday, September 27, 2008

Doing better....September 27?

Hello!

I am doing well. I still have a problem sleeping through the night, but with such wonderful help at home it doesn't really matter much. I have the luxury of keeping my own schedule at this point.

I just read some medical info that states that I need to go to PT 2-3 times a week for 90 days. Since I can't drive until November 1, I would recommend my friends to check your caller id before you pick up your phone because you probably will be getting a call for a little trip to PT when Mary and Mom are not around! :)

I am trying to stay off as much of the pain meds as possible during the day. There is some pain involved. Lynne has always thought I had a pretty high pain tolerance...I think she may be correct. I thought I would try this in an attempt to sleep at night. However, if this doesn't work, I think I am going to make myself take an afternoon nap each day to force me to NOT get in trouble by doing stuff I shouldn't.

Before the surgery I didn't want to walk, do anything like that...I actually want to walk now....I think that is strange. I have a desire to move. I did a fake cough, so it isn't the same as a real one, but I felt NO pain...other than the surgery pain that I have constantly. I was so excited. I might actually try to laugh tomorrow to see if that works without killing me. ha/ha

Again, I am grateful for everything. People have called for meals. I have received so many flowers. My fellow Christian friends from Henderson Hills actually came to our house to decorate it for fall! Friends have brought over food, cookies, notes, etc. Page is my go to girl. So far she has agreed to get me to Sonic a little over a mile a day, but then makes me go right back to bed. She is doing a great job of making sure I don't do too much.

Mom is coming back tomorrow....poor lady. Charlie practically cried when Mom left last Wednesday. He wanted to get on the phone to call his mom to come, but she had company and needed a break from us. So, ended up doing just fine thanks to Page helping with the girls!

Better go and sleep. Love you all, Kelly (Hope you all understand why I am not doing a better job calling everyone.)

1 comment:

Kate & boys said...

Hi Kelly!
My name is Kate Scott & I'm friends with Jason Keck. I just had surgery in Jan. at UCLA for CM also!! I just wanted to encourage you that I'm feeling well...back to being mom & working a bit too.

Yes, the sleep does come!

Definitely go to PT...I just had my last regular visit a couple of weeks ago. It's been a long haul, but worth every minute to be able to be here for my boys. I'm just so thankful all the time for the gift of each minute!

My # is 805-474-6498 if you want to chat, have ?'s, etc. My email is Ptarch2@sbcglobal.net. Feel free to give me a ring/email, etc.

Blessings & painfree sleep to you!!
kate scott