Friday, September 12, 2008

STILL IN NEUROLOGY CARE ROOM - 6:00 P.M.

Kelly ate a few spoons of broth, some jello, and a little orange sherbert. Then she tried to get out of bed and sit in a chair for the second time....and lets just say that she now has an empty stomach again. She is doing some stretching exercises for her neck by moving her chin from one shoulder to another. This is more difficult than it sounds due to the swelling from the surgery and the sensitivity of the muscles in the neck, but she already has much better movement of her head than she had this morning. She is still in a lot of pain. Doctor B came by on his rounds and said she was doing well.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery was a success. I really appreciate the continual updates, and I am looking forward to your steady improvement. I spoke to one of my neuroanatomy professors about your surgery today, so I could gain some extra insight. You are certainly a brave woman! I will continue to pray for your quick recovery, and I look forward to seeing you soon.
Love,
Aaron

amy said...

hey kelly, Jackie and amy are together again. lalalala.. is that a song? anyway I finally bribed her into visiting St Louis. just wait til you are recovered enough to come here too. We love you, Girl. Sorry to hear that it is tough going right now. it will get better!! hang in there, you are the bravest lady we know!!
And I need you to return to the noisy-loud chick so that I won't be the only LOUD woman that Bob knows!!!
We love you!!! goodnight.
amy and jackie

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly and Family. Glad to get such great updates. You are more organized than I was with my mass emails 45 times a day when Mom was in the hospital. Kelly, if you feel like it, I seem to remember that the hospitals have pretty good turkey and dressing. I would highly recommend it. It is slightly better than the Ensure shakes.

Charlie or Aunt Marilyn, if Kelly needs anything, like more blankets or pillows, just call my Dad. He has some map of every hospital in the US that allows him to get into all of the supply closets.

Thanks for all of the updates. We are all praying for your rapid recovery. Love you guys.

Matt

P.S. - Landon, great job at hacking the blog. It is great that you are being a great big brother and helping take care of your sisters. Tell Bailey and Kylee hello for me!