Monday, September 15, 2008

MONDAY 4:00 P.M.

More progress today with a few walks of about 30 yards each. One of the poor nurses forgot to bring the pain medicine, and well, lets just say that probably won't happen again. They are talking about releasing Kelly from the hospital room in the next day or two. We would then move her to "the variety house" for a few more days until she has recovered enough to travel.



I have attached a photo of Kelly when her back was turned. DON'T LOOK AT IT if you are squemish!! Also, I have been telling Kelly they didn't take much of her hair, so let's just keep this little photo to ourselves, at least until I get home and have a more comfortable doghouse to sleep in.

6 comments:

Aunt Lisa said...

Well they definitely should pro-rate the cost of coloring what hair is left.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Kelly you are a trooper! It's not that bad, there's still something to work with. :-)

Charlie, thank you for being so faithful about updating her progress...you're doing a splendid job!

Love,
Jackie and family

amy said...

Hello from diana atchley. I am happy you are better and getting well.I love you Aunt Kelly

well I know not to visit any salons in NYC!!! i have found a great salon here in St Louis!! come visit as soon as possible- you still have so much to work with!!!

Charlie, thanks for the updates each day. It means so much to know how kelly is doing. take of your self too.
amy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing and I was actually curious. I think her beautiful hair and charming personality will overcome any downside from the surgery.

She really has a nicely shaped head. If my head had that good of a shape, I would shave my head and quit messing with my bald spot.

What is the tube at the base of her neck? Is it for draining excess fluid? Oops, I goofed; this is not email so I guess I should not ask questions.

EXCELLENT job on walking and I bet the nurse doesn’t forget the pain medicine again.

Love,
Uncle Don

Aunt Lisa said...

Disclaimer: I am not in anyway suggesting that Kelly DOES color her hair- I was just saying if she did she should get a discount the next couple of visits. She still has more hair than me.

If anyone ever calls you a sissy- show them that scar!
Honestly Kelly you are a trouper.

Unknown said...

Hi Charlie, Kelly & Mom!
After seeing the photo it looks better than I expected....that's nothing a hat & cute neck scarf can't take care of!

Charlie, I'm so glad you have been adding new posts each day to keep us up to date on everything....it helps me know what I will ask in prayer each day for the family.

Love & Gods Grace,
Christine Beavers
& Family